Six Apart just announced the winners of the Movable Type 3.0D Plugin Contest. We have, in order:
- Jay Allen with MTBlackList 2.0 -- spam-blocking and management system for comments and trackbacks
- Andrew Sutherland with KoalaRainbow -- visualization engine
- Tim Appnel with Xsearchplus -- a Plucene-powered search engine and system for plugging alternate search engines
- David Raynes with MultiBlog -- a plugin that allows the user to include templated content from one blog in the template of another
- John Gruber with Markdown -- a text-to-HTML conversion tool
- Chad Everett with Notifier -- a subscription service for email notifications
These plugins, along with more others, will be distributed by Six Apart in a free plugin pack near the release of MT 3.1. This materializes the bet of Six Apart that the plugin architecture of Movable Type will foster a lot more innovation that the company can provide alone.
Personally I wish I could get a hand on those plugins asap, specifically MTBlackList 2.0, MultiBlog and Notifier for which I have an immediate need!